Question

Format checkbox True/False values to title of Checkbox

• 31 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I’ve been trying to figure out how to pass true/false checkbox values from a Webflow form to RecruitCRM. There are multiple topics about how to do this, but none of them seem to do the trick for me. 

I have a form in Webflow where new candidates can apply and select which professions they are interested in (for example Service designer, Design lead, etc.). They can select multiple professions through checkboxes. The default way Webflow sends Checkbox values are true and false.

So if a candidate checks the ‘Service Designer’ checkbox, this candidate should be added to the ‘Service Designer’ group in RecruitCRM (see screenshot below). This should be the same case for every checkbox which is set to true. Every profession is set in RecruitCRM.  

I’ve tried multiple Zapier Formatter options, where every checked checkbox gets a certain title. But I can’t get it connected properly to the multiple profession groups. 

I hope somebody has any experience with similar issues like above. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you so much in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Afix! Thanks for raising this in the Community. 

Hmm, interesting! Are you able to share a screenshot of how you currently have your Formatter and Recruit CRM steps setup? That may help us troubleshoot a bit with ya. 🙂 Just be sure to remove any personal details or use test data (ex: john@test.com)! 

Thanks so much and looking forward to digging into this with you!

Userlevel 1

Hi Christina, 

Thank you for your reply!

Below is the screenshot of how the formatter is being set up. I used a code of this topic and tried it with 3 checkboxes. 

I would like to add the checkboxes to the following groups in RecruitCRM if they’re checked. 

Below is the available formatter code of the checkboxes. 

Please let me know if you need any further screenshots or information!

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Afix , 

From what I see, the output will be 1 line and its comma separated. In this case you need to do the following:

1.  Add a Formatter by Zapier step. Event = Text, Transform = Split Text, Values > Input = the output from the code step, Separator = “, “ (dont copy the quotation marks), Segment Index = All As Separate Fields 
  2. The Output here should bring each of those titles as a separate item. You can then input the 3 results in the next step shown in your screenshots. 

Please let me know if this works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Afix! Checking in here to see if you were able to try out @MohSwellam’s advice on this one. Let us know! While we’re unable to assist with the coding part of this, we can totally help with the Formatter step and making sure things are mapped correctly in the subsequent step. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hey @jesse!

Thanks for checking in on us. The team member involved in this assignment is currently on holiday so that’s why she’s not responding. She’ll come back to you as soon she’s back in business! 

Best wishes,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Afix wonderful! Please do continue to keep us posted here! We want to make sure y’all are good to go with getting this working. 😉

Userlevel 1

Hey @jesse and @MohSwellam,

Thank you for the response! 

@MohSwellam, the output should be as one string, seperated by a ‘,’. But as you seen in the last screenshot, they are shown as separate items...