Best answer

Floating Points

• 28 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m trying to connect a Google Spreadsheet with an Invoicing software (Fattura24) through Zapier.

I want to trigger the creation of new invoice Documents, passing from the spreadsheet the new payments data (that have been previously triggered by Stripe).

The problem is that Fattura 24 requires the “Total Amount” to be use floating points for decimals, but 1) I don’t know how to translate the decimals to floating point, 2) the amount is triggered by a payment into Stripe so the number is created outside Zapier. See screenshot:

The same for the “Total VAT Amount”. 

Can you please help me? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 1 June 2020, 16:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @catevid ,

Thanks for reaching out!

Good news- you should be able to use Formatter by Zapier to convert these amounts into floating points! Regarding your Trigger, could you share a screenshot of that configuration so we can get a better idea of how this information is being pulled in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @catevid!

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you’d managed to get things working, or whether you could still use some help here. Please let us know :)

I’ve got the same issue; I’ve tried to add a step with Formatter but the ‘ERROR: Missing xml tag: Price Please use floating point to format a number’ is still there

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @alessio!

It’s hard to tell from that screenshot but the amounts that I see are using a comma instead of a period:

Have you tried changing that to use a decimal, to see if it works? Or am I missing something?