Best answer

Firebase/Zapier "We couldn't find a record"

• 30 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I know someone has asked this question before but it seems like he received his solution in private, as there were no instructions on how to solve the issue.  I am trying to create a trigger for when a user gets created/added to the firebase database, that they are then subscribed to the mailchimp account I have set up.  When creating the trigger, under Find data, I keep receiving an error that no records can be found.  It then tells me that I can create the data and load it that way, but I was unsuccessful.  I have a collection of users already in the database that I want firebase/zapier to access that has the users name and email address.   I am sure I have connected zap and firebase properly.

How do I either get the data to populate, or create the data needed to test my trigger?  When I navigate to (Firebase / Firestore marilyns-secret:(myFirebaseEmailAddress)), I have no idea how to create the record Zapier is requesting.  After reading the “Change the test data in your Zap trigger” docs, I was still unable to understand how and where that information needs to be created.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by steph.n 23 September 2020, 22:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @patech_patrice ,

Thanks for reaching out- sorry you are running into trouble with your Firebase set up. This is something our Support team will be best suited to troubleshoot as they can look directly at your specific Zap and configuration. They can be reached here and will be in touch just as quickly as they can to get you sorted!

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is an answer here where the solution was that the records they were looking for were in the wrong sub-category - Could this be the case here? 

Userlevel 2

@andywingrave Thank you but unfortunately, that is not my case.  I will reach out to your support team for further assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sharing answer here:

Thanks so much for reaching out, and for giving Zapier a try! We're really glad you're here 😊 My name is Nikki and I'd be happy to help with your question.

So that I can share the best advice, I first want to make sure we're on the same page! It looks like you've been testing on a few different Zaps, but this one is the only one I'm seeing between Firebase and Mailchimp. Is this the Zap that you're having trouble with?

If so, one thing to note here is that this seems to be looking for new "Documents" which, if you're looking for new Contacts, I'm not sure if that is the right trigger event here. 😕

19639c6d07e953af36ef4115671d1a9f.png
(view larger)

I'm wondering if you could try checking out the other trigger event for New Child Object, and we can take a look at what comes up there instead?

e5b9419ab08c04bd540bca8e28fe8b35.png
(view larger)

Let me know when you've had a chance to do that, and I'll be happy to take a look in our logs to see if we can surface any clues. Thanks for giving that a go and I'll look forward to your response!