Best answer

Firebase Test Data > Collection > Load more > not functioning

• 4 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Over time our collection format has changed and the test data/collections available are missing fields we would like to import to a google sheet doc. We have several thousand collections, but unable to “load more” test data. Is it possible to select a particular record?

icon

Best answer by wwwilsun 5 September 2020, 19:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @wwwilsun , the only way I’ve been able to use particular test data is by making sure its been the latest trigger point in that zap. Eg: If I wanted a particular record I would make sure it’s the last record entered. This can differ between apps on whether or not this is possible. What apps are you using/trying to achieve? 

Userlevel 1

@Seun Debiyi Thanks for the response. Using firebase/cloud firestore. Unfortunately, the documents are sorted random IDs. Relatively new to Zap; are there any workarounds that you can think of? Much appreciated. -Eric

*Update I am trying to use the funnel function import (to google sheets) only the doccuments in the collection that have the field, that is only available in the newer format.

Userlevel 1

@Seun Debiyi guessing this is an obvious solution and that I didn't define my issue well enough for you to understand. The solution was simply to place a new order document and change my query to the following:

"orderBy": [{
        "field": {
            "fieldPath": "order_submit_date"
        },
        "direction": "DESCENDING"
    }]

This returned the order document in Zap’s test data.  Just wanted to follow up...sorry if I wasted your time.  -Eric