Best answer

Firebase Storage integration

• 7 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have a jotform which outputs to a google sheet, this google sheet is the trigger for my Zapier which writes the information to my Firebase Real Time Database. So far so good. 

The jotform has an audio upload element that ends up in the google sheet as a direct download link. I need this audio file to end up in my firebase storage system and for the realtime database to point to its path to complete my automation. 

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Preferably in a way that involves no code...

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 7 March 2021, 20:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @theoverhear.app 

Check out this help article about working with files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Otherwise, perhaps provide screenshots of what you are trying to configure in your Zap, thanks.

Thanks Troy,

Here are some screen shots first the spreadsheet with the jotform data and directlink to the audio - (I tested to see if its public with an incognito browser and it doesnt appear to be public...)

This next screen shot compares the upload to firebase from the jotform (ID - ZZq5aodoQRQ) and a manual upload from our admin panel (ID Zuri Coffee) the path for the latter directs to the folder and file in firebase storage, the former shows the direct link the jotform produces but this wont play in the app this is all the back end for…
I’m finding the Firebase/Firestore app in Zapier only has options for writing to the Realtime database but not Firebase’s separate storage system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@theoverhear.app

In your JotForm settings (https://www.jotform.com/myaccount/settings), try unchecking the checkbox for “Require log-in to view uploaded files” in the Privacy section.

Thanks @Troy Tessalone,

Thats useful to know, my app is still not reading the pathway to the dowload link however. I notice when I open the link in an incognito window, i no longer get the error but I do still get a dialogue box that might be causing an issue...

thanks for your help,

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@theoverhear.app 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?