Best answer

finding path of dynamic folder

• 7 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have two zaps. First one creates client folder and some sub folders. Then it sends an agreement pdf to be signed.

Second zap will detect document all signed then puts it in G Drive. But since second zap only detects document by similar name via a template, it doesn’t know history of zap 1 like its folder name or position in folder tree. Is there a way to for zap 2 to know zap 1’s client folder ID is?

Each folder that is already created will have an ID. But if it is dynamic, I select under Custom tab and its tree branches, which don’t reveal ID yet. and I can’t see any folder ID in zap 2 which only sees the signnow ID and document name etc.

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 7 October 2022, 07:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @wishstr 

The best way to do that is actually have a database of some sort for this. For example, a simple google sheet where you have the Client Name, Google Drive Folder ID, and esignature ID. 

This way once you receive the esignature you can look it up in this google sheet and find the path of the folder you want.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for your suggestion of google sheet. I wrote the folder ID and doc name to two new columns in zap 1.

then in zap 2 i look for the doc name, and put the folder ID in folder.

It actually worked!

Thanks so much.