Best answer

Finding item ID when using Get Item by Column value in Monday.com

• 3 April 2023
  • 4 replies

This post has been split from

Hey @PierGGT, welcome to the Community! 

That sounds like it should be possible. My first thought here is that you would need to set up a Zap with the following trigger and action steps:

• Trigger: Updated Contact (ActiveCampaign) - triggers when the updates take place each night.
  • Action: Get Item by Column Value (Monday.com) - searches for the relevant lead by searching a specific column for a value that’s unique to the lead, their email address perhaps? As the following action will be dependant on the ID from this action, the Zap will halt if an existing lead isn’t found.
  • Action: Change Multiple Columns Value (Monday.com) - this would then update the item that’s found by the previous action to with the necessary information.

One thing to note on that is, in order for the Change Multiple Columns Value action to know which item it needs to update, in the Item ID field you’d need to select the Item’s ID (use the Custom value option) from the Get Item by Column Value action. 

Hopefully that helps to get you started. Please keep us in the loop on how you get on! 🙂

I have a related scenario and I tried this process. But the problem is Get Item by Column value doesn’t return item id when no columns selected( field is there but value is null) as Columns to return or item id is not their when I tried to add it from the drop down. Item id is necessary in order to perform either Change multiple column value or Create update actions. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 April 2023, 16:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ravinda!

Some Zapier users have run into this issue in the past, where the column ID isn’t always returned in a Zap step. We do have an open issue about it and I’ve added you as an affected user, which means that we’ll send you an email if there is an update. 

In the meantime, one theory that we have is that this issue is related to whether you have an item ID column in your board. According to this Monday.com help article, you can choose to add an Item ID column to a board: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001263345-The-Item-ID-Column

Could you follow the instructions in the help guide to add the column and see if the ID then shows up in the Zap?

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ravinda 

Good question.

The Item ID should be returned as the “id” field.

We can’t see based on your screenshots as you would need to scroll up.

Example

Hi @ravinda 

Good question.

The Item ID should be returned as the “id” field.

We can’t see based on your screenshots as you would need to scroll up.

Example

Ah yes, Found it under the custom as id. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Amazing! So glad you were able locate it. Thanks for letting us know! 🎉