Best answer

Finding and UPDATING, OR creating new, contacts in Wave

• 29 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I’m putting together a zap that takes a new CRM contact (Zoho Forms into Streak CRM) and then updating information if it’s been found in Wave and Google Contacts.

Presently (at least with Wave) I don’t see a way to CHANGE a contact’s information. It is possible to “search for” a contact, but if it exists I have to create a whole other workflow to update it. See, if it DOESN’T exist, I have the checkbox to “create one” but there’s no such checkbox to “update if exists”. You would think that Paths could solve this problem, but there’s no way to validate whether or not the search was successful, as far as I can tell, so there’s no way to tell Zapier what to do next depending on the outcome.

How can I search for and then either update or create new in one zap? Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 30 July 2020, 20:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Roga ,

Thanks for reaching out! You are correct, there is not currently an Action to update an existing customer in Wave but fortunately there is an open feature request for this functionality. 

I've gone ahead and added you as an interested user which does a few things:

• Re-raises this issue with the app’s dev team
  • Adds weight to the issue in queue
  • Reminds us to update you if/when there is an update

I don't have an ETA as to when there may be an update, but you'll definitely be notified as soon as we have any news. I know that’s not the answer you were hoping for but please let us know if you have any additional questions!