Best answer

Finding and moving a card in trello

• 17 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi I’m new to Zapier, but have intergrated it with Calendly and Trello already.  I would like to set up a Zap to move a card in Trello when someone schedules on my Calendly app.  So far I have the trigger set up from Calendly.  The next action step I set up was find card in Trello which seems to work.  What’s my final step to move that card to another list in another board?

Am I going about this correctly?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jillian 19 September 2022, 17:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @PaigeS. Welcome to Zapier! We’re glad to have you here. :)

Sounds like the last step in your plan here is to “Move Card to List”. You’ll want to do this by adding another step to your current Zap so it’s able to reference the previous steps and pull in the card found when searching.

The one thing that might get confusing is that in this step, you’ll need to reference the found card from the previous step. You should see something that will look like “Card (required)”. You’ll want to click on “Custom” and then locate the card ID from the previous step. Click on the box and it will add it to your Zap. This will tell your Zap moving forward to always find the ID found in the previous step and reference it - no matter which card it is!

I know this screenshot is referencing totally different apps (GCal and Asana), but similar concept and same logic. Hope it helps a bit. https://cdn.zappy.app/d0d41d2957245173e76034f7366385fb.png

Let us know how this works out. We’re here to help!