Best answer

Find/Replace Text (Ninja Forms to Google Docs)

Userlevel 1

I have this medical history form that my patients fill out and I want to create a clean google document. The problem I am having is that when a box is checked, it adds the word “checked” on the form, I would like to replace all instances of the word “checked” with an X or checkmark or something like that. I have  124 separate  check boxes that this applies to…. I can’f figure out how to do it other than creating 124 formatter/replace’s. 

There has to be an easy way to do this! Please help!! Any advice or suggestions welcome! 

icon

Best answer by beyondbecca 4 May 2020, 19:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @beyondbecca ,

Thanks for reaching out- happy to help!

To make sure I am understanding correctly, you are:

• taking a form in Ninja Forms with a checkbox that when ticked 
  • is pushed over to Google Sheets where the ticked box reads “Checked”
  • and you are looking to have these ticks from Ninja come over as ticks in your Google Form. 

Is that accurate? Additionally, could you share a screenshot of your configuration so we can look into what options may work best?

Will be on the lookout for your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This would probably require either a formatter with the “replace” action, or some code that converts it and puts in an array.

Like @Liz_Roberts  said, please give some more details with outputs, configuration, etc.

Cheers!

Userlevel 1

Thank you all for your willingness to help! I found a script online that I was able to edit and add to my template that replaces the words when the form is opened up. It was exactly what I needed. 

This is the script:

function onOpen() {

var body = DocumentApp.getActiveDocument().getBody();

// Formatting the med hx form
  body.replaceText("Unchecked", " ");
  body.replaceText("Checked", "X");
  body.replaceText("remove", " ");

}