Question

Find (or create) card in Trello doesn't find cards, creates duplicates

• 18 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I'm duplicating and renaming a Trello (template) board following a trigger I pulled from the Rentman API.
This template board is loaded with cards I want to fill with info from the trigger. During testing step by step this works perfectly, but when going through the whole zap, Zapier can't find the cards and creates duplicates. 
Simplified version of the ZAP:

1. ...Trigger and pulled input...
  2. Copy Board in Trello
  3. Find or Create List on a Board in Trello
    - input: Board ID from 2
    this step is able to find the list in the created copy of the template board
  4. Find or Create Card in Trello
    - input: Board ID from 2, List ID from 3, Card name copy/pasted from card on template board.
    this step is able to find the board and list, but not the card, while the “Card Name” field is a direct copy past from the template board. - and therefore creates a new card, with the exact same name, which is updated in the next step. 
  5. Update Card in Trello
    - input: Board ID from 2, List ID from 3, Card ID from 4. Card name left empty, Card description filled with input from trigger. 

This process is repeated a couple of times, same problem. When chosen for only find and not create when missing, the cards aren't updated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Boozed ,

Thanks for reaching out! I am going to escalate this to Support as they will be able to see your exact configuration and see what may be causing this. 

They will be in touch just as soon as they can!

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz,

Thanks for escalating this to Support. I haven't heard from them. Will they contact me throug email?

THanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Boozed ,

Glad to see you and Wes have connected to troubleshoot this issue!

If you have any additional questions, just let us know :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Boozed!

I'm checking in with you here, since I don’t see a response to the message that our Support team had sent you. Have you managed to resolve things or did you still need help here? Please let us know :)