I'm duplicating and renaming a Trello (template) board following a trigger I pulled from the Rentman API.
This template board is loaded with cards I want to fill with info from the trigger. During testing step by step this works perfectly, but when going through the whole zap, Zapier can't find the cards and creates duplicates.
Simplified version of the ZAP:
- ...Trigger and pulled input...
- Copy Board in Trello
- Find or Create List on a Board in Trello
- input: Board ID from 2
this step is able to find the list in the created copy of the template board
- Find or Create Card in Trello
- input: Board ID from 2, List ID from 3, Card name copy/pasted from card on template board.
this step is able to find the board and list, but not the card, while the “Card Name” field is a direct copy past from the template board. - and therefore creates a new card, with the exact same name, which is updated in the next step.
- Update Card in Trello
- input: Board ID from 2, List ID from 3, Card ID from 4. Card name left empty, Card description filled with input from trigger.
This process is repeated a couple of times, same problem. When chosen for only find and not create when missing, the cards aren't updated.