Best answer

Find New email Zap runs multiple times on the same email

Userlevel 1

I have a zap set up to find a new email in Gmail with a search for specific text. Through a series of steps it then determines a recipient from a round robin list in a google sheet and forwards the email on to that recipient.  This works, however, the zap runs every 2 minutes and each run results in a duplicate action on the exact same email in my inbox.  It ends up forwarding the same email every 2 minutes until I turn the Zap off.  How can I get it to perform this only one time per email?

I have tried adding a step to add a label to the email when the zap runs and then using a filter earlier in the zap to not move forward if that label is present, but that does not seem to work.

I have also tried using the dedupe javasript code mentioned here, which also did not work. https://community.zapier.com/featured-articles-65/how-to-stop-duplicate-triggers-from-running-your-zap-9614

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 May 2022, 20:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @vChief 

Good question.

Please post a screenshots with how your Zap trigger step is configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

Did you specify the inbox only with in:inbox? (or the specific folder)

Userlevel 1

The add label step is working, btu somehow I still get multiple runs on the same email.

Step 1 - Trigger

Step 2  - Filter
Step 3 - add label so when zap runs again, the email is not processed twice

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@vChief 

Take note of this description.

What’s likely happening is that you are creating a loop with the Zap logic since the Zap is sending an email that is being detected with the same label.

Thus you need to isolate it to exclude sent emails.

Userlevel 1

Ahhhhh Thank you! I will give this a try.

Userlevel 1

Success - thanks @Troy Tessalone !