Question

Find contact after New Engagement in HubSpot

• 21 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi! I’m trying to create a workflow which will help me summarise number of meetings per contact in Hubspot. 

I created a Zapier where:

1 step → New Engagement in Hubspot (meeting) triggers the workflow

2 step → I wanted it to be “Find contact in Hubspot” but I’m not sure if those two steps are connected. I have limited options in “First search property value” so I picked Contact ID (same for first search name) but tests don’t got through and I get the message “Failed to find contact in Hubspot” I wanted to find them with email but there is no such option in “first search property value”.

so my question is - are those two properties connected? Can I find contact based on new egagement? If yes, what am I doing wrong? If no, how else to do it? :) 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @koc 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The “New Engagement” trigger will trigger whenever there’s a newly added engagement in HubSpot. While the “Find Contact” action in HubSpot will look for an existing contact. These two are not connected. But that would depend on the workflow you’re trying to create.

Can you phrase it in the “When A happens in Service X, B should happen in Service Y” format? That’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible.

Also, the screenshot you attached is broken. Could you try resending it? (If there’s any personal information, kindly blur them.)

Looking forward to your response!

Userlevel 1

Sure, will try to explain it better :) 

When a new meeting is created in Hubspot (1st step New Engagement in Hubspot = meeting), Zapier finds the contact who participates in this meeting (step 2 Find contact in Hubspot) and sends this contact into HS workflow (step 3 Add contact to workflow in Hubspot). 

Is that possible? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @koc 

Thanks for confirming that information.

The workflow you’re trying to create seems possible. Have you already tried creating it? If so, did you encounter any errors?

Please let me know so I can point you to the right direction.

Userlevel 1

Thank you! :)

I would like to change “Find a contact” to “Find a company”

on 2nd step  I don’t know what First search property name should be so it can match First search property value because when I pick Record ID, there is an error message and there is no chance to pick Domain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @koc,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I'm curious to know if you've considered utilizing the "Company Information: All owner ID" option in the "First search property name" field, followed by mapping the corresponding "Owner ID" value in the "First search property value" field. This approach may potentially help you in your search.

Thanks! 😊