Question

Find Airtable record by Date

• 26 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have read and tried every community/support article I can find, and I feel I’m missing some very very basic thing.

I have an Airtable with a field called Date, as you can see here:

I am attempting to use Zapier to find yesterday’s record, and look up the info to then automatically send an email, and I am stuck at the first part.

I use Date/Time to get yesterday’s date and format it:

And then I search:

And I get an error - every time.

In fact, if I change the “search value” to actually be the date written out, that fails too. I’ve tried using different date formats, but none work.

Please, I’ve spent way too much time already - I assume there’s a simple solution??

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jtoeman 

Good question.

How should multiple results be handled for the same Date?

###

NOTE: Your Input format and your From Format do not match, and could lead to issues.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @jtoeman  can you please clarify what you are trying through this automation? Are you trying to get an email with all the records that were created yesterday then you can just simply create a View with the Condition of Date is Yesterday.Create automation to send the email in airtable everyday at a scheduled time the next day 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jtoeman 

Some workarounds to try…

OPTION 1

Add a Grid View with a Filter like this...

Then in your Airtable Find Record, try using a Search Formula: {Date}!=””

(Search where Date is NOT empty)

And limit the results with the field: Limit to View

(specify your View with the Filter above)

OPTION 2

Add a Formula Field to the Table, and configure like this:

(This will set the value of a date to a text string to make it more easily searchable)

Then in the Airtable Find Record step, search like this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jtoeman 

OPTION 3

Airtable Automation

For the Find Records step, select the View with the Filter (Date = Yesterday), as previously described.

Airtable Automation can send email via their native Send Email action or Gmail/Outlook can be used.

For the Email Message, you can specify to insert records as as digest (List/Grid).

Learn more here: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360060247433-How-to-create-email-digests-with-automations#h_01EY4K9TZVSV7HW03WNHAHADXN

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Troy Tessalone - there won’t be any duplicate entries in the final table, just one per day

will try all three options now, thank you!