Question

Find a worksheet in an Excel spreadsheet from data

Hello, 

I have some data extracted from a PDF File. My spreadsheet has different worsksheets. I want to create a new row in a specific worksheet based in the extracted data. Is it possible ?

Regards

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @Louvivien,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

To make sure I fully get what you're aiming for, could you tell me a bit more about it? Like, what's the ultimate goal with this Zap you're setting up? It'd be super helpful if you could break it down step-by-step in a "When A happens in Service X, B should happen in Service Y" way. That'll make it easier for me to give you the best suggestion possible!

Thanks so much in advance, just want to make sure we're both on the same page. 😊

Hi thank you for your reply.
When I get a PDF in a google drive folder

I parse it with Parseur

When a new file is processed by Parseur

I want to create a new row with these data in an excel spreadsheet 

This spreadsheet has several worksheet and I need Zapier to find the relevant worksheet based on one of the parsed data. 

Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Louvivien 

Thank you for confirming that information.

Here's what I think your Zap would look like:

1. Trigger: "New File in Folder" in Google Drive
  2. Action: "Create Document From File" in Paseur
  3. Action: "Find Worksheet" in Google Sheets
  4. Action: "Create Spreadsheet Row" in Google Sheets

However, there are a few things you need to consider with this workflow.

• This is a multiple-step Zap that would require you to upgrade your plan. See here for plan pricing and options.
  • The "Find Worksheet" step requires the "Title" of the worksheet that it will look for. That said, the document title from the "Parseur" step should match the worksheet title. Please see the screenshot for your reference.

Let me know if you have other questions.