Skip to main content

I set up an integration with Google Sheets and a texting platform. When a new row of data is added, my goal is to:

1. If new phone number—opt in the contact into text list. They will need to complete a double opt-in by replying YES to the text message they receive. Then, send a text message with dynamic data.
  2. If existing phone number in text database— send a text message with dynamic data. 

I created 2 different zaps, each with “Find Contact” as 1st task to filter those on the list to determine next step. I’m finding there is a 5 to 10-min delay in messaging and errors. 

Perhaps I should set this up as 1 zap? Is there a way to add filter that applies the correct task to the contact if they are or are not currently on the text list?

I’m not sure how to do that. Is there a tutorial somewhere? 

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi @melg79 

Try using Paths: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288555917

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Thank you, Troy! Ok, I have set up paths to set up appropriate actions for custom segments. For the opt-in of new contacts, I’d like to create a custom action of “opt in with autoreply”. Is there a difference between custom actions and custom functions? Where can I set up the “opt in with autoreply” function?

@melg79 

Can you provide screenshots to clarify what you are referring to by custom action vs custom function?