Best answer

Filtering Google Calendar for specific timeframe

• 13 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I  have multiple zaps set up to send emails at 2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day and 45 min before the event, so when I set up an event it will run all of these and send multiple emails if the timeframe has passed.

ie. I set one up today for tomorrow and it sent 3 emails, but I really only need it to send the 1 day and 45 min before emails.  How can I get it to skip over the others that are past the timeframe?

Thanks for the help, I don’t even know how to effectively search google for this problem because I don’t really know how to describe it.

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 14 December 2022, 20:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ashearer 

There might be a better way to do this but you could try using a datetime formatter step that subtracts the amount of time before the event you want the zap to trigger then compare the output from the formatter step in a filter. 

If the start time is before the formatter output time let the zap continue.

So if i want Zapier to trigger 1 week before then something like this should work. You may need to play with the subtraction method to find an acceptable range. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ashearer!

How are you getting on with your Zaps, did @GetUWired’s suggestion help? Let us know if you need some more help with this!

Userlevel 1

@GetUWired Thank you for this help.

That would definitely work, but I am unfortunately on a free plan so it is what it is for now.

Thank you again!