Best answer

FB Lead Ads to Intercom - "City" tag is not coming across

• 22 February 2021
  • 11 replies

Hi all,

I am running a FB lead ads campaign, and have connected FB to Intercom. We want that all the leads will be added to intercom with two tags: “FB-lead" as well as specify which city the person lives in. To know the city, I have added a question in the form, asking which of 3 cities the person lives in, along with email and name. 

I have set up a zap that will:

1. Create a new user in intercom when a new lead is added
  2. Tag that user with “FB-lead”
  3. Custom tag “FB 1. City”

However, when the leads are being added to intercom, the custom tag specifying the city doesnt seem to work. The tag itself is being added but it doesnt contain which of the three cities the lead have chosen in the FB form. 

Anybody who have input on this, or how to solve it? Maybe there is another way to add a city-tag to the user? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 February 2021, 16:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LinaBruce 

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

Of course! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LinaBruce 

If you’re testing manually, you’ll want to make sure to select a sample lead from the trigger that has a value for City.

In the screenshot below it’s using dummy data, not an actual City value.

How do I select a sample lead that has a value for city? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LinaBruce 

Check this article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Ok thanks! I have made some changes now, think I might used the wrong tag. Did a test now but the actual lead did not still get the tag with Stockholm (as one could think due to the test saying it works). 

Maybe it just needs some time to refresh in intercom. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LinaBruce 

Make sure to refresh Intercom in the browser.

Make sure you’re looking at the right User (not Lead) in Intercom.

To test, try turning the Zap ON, and submitting a new FB Lead Ad.

If  you still need assistance, you can open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Yes, I will do that. 

One more question that you might can help me with. I just ran into a new error, which I suspect is due to that a lead with a certain email that is being added to intercom already exist in our crm. See below, or am I wrong? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LinaBruce 

Seems like you’d need to dedupe your Intercom data in Intercom.

Okay, so its not possible to set up in zapier that it should just update a lead if the email already exists in our crm?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LinaBruce 

If there is only 1 User in Intercom with a given email address the error won’t occur.

The error is specifying there are 2+ Users in Intercom with the same email address so it doesn’t know what User to update, so the logic to specify in the Zap then becomes to use the Intercom User ID.