Best answer

Facebook schedule a check

• 29 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone 

I have a facebook zap that works fine but instead of an instant check / trigger I need to schedule this check. 

So the flow would the 

Monday @ Noon - check for a new post - then blah blah blah 

vs checking 24x7 when something is posted.

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 30 June 2020, 00:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@rleon 

You have a couple of different options here, the first option is to change the trigger to schedule by Zapier. That would allow you to run the zap on a fixed/set schedule. However that would then require the step you are using from Facebook to be an action step as well as a trigger step (which I’m assuming it’s not, because I’m assuming this is Facebook Pages Trigger on a new post) -- if this is the case then you’ll want to look into option #2

The second option is to leave your trigger there, but use digest by Zapier to only alert or take action once a week for everything in the digest. 

Userlevel 1

thanks @PaulKortman 

Taking a look at digest ..

you are correct option 1 would require a 2nd trigger for facebook to execute the rest of the zap.

Userlevel 1

Ok trying it now .. but I am not sure how digest different than a delay.

I had a delay set up it didnt work ..

So to go into further detail.

My zap is to upload a facebook live video to youtube.

The zap works if I run it after the facebook live is done. Which is fine.

It will not work during the facebook live because the video format is different than what zapier can upload to youtube.

I tried a delay .. but that did not work .. because 

zapier picks up the fields from facebook as soon as I go live not after i go live.

So .. i need to see if there is a way for me to execute the zap after I go live or at a specific day / time when I know I am done going live. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There is no way to delay a trigger step. You need an action step to get the Facebook post but there is no action step for Facebook that would do that. So I don’t think this is possible due to limitations that Facebook has put into their zapier app. 

the schedule/delay step isn’t the issue, getting the data from Facebook is. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @PaulKortman  - 

Glad to know i was on the right track.

You are correct the issue is getting the data from facebook because … 

Facebook changes the path and filename of the live broadcast AFTER it is done.

So I need a delay or set schedule before the trigger and zapier does not allow two triggers at this time OR I would need to reset the fields after the initial Facbook page trigger & delay.

Which .. we cant do right now. 

Maybe this will change in the future but at this point it is what it is :) 

Thanks for the responses.