Question

Facebook Post blocks my personal Facebook account, and have to configure

• 12 May 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a custom webhook; posting an action onto a Facebook Business Manager. 

To do this, i use my personal FB account’s token. 

The automations work throughout the week, however, nearly every weekend, my Facebook gets blocked, because “Someone tried to log into your account, which doesn’t look like you.. from United States...” 

My account therefore gets blocked, and i have to change my password, AGAIN.

Whilst my account is blocked, all the automations will fail. And once i change my password, i have to get my new token, and re-configure the automation using the new information. 

Is anyone else facing this problem?

I used to think there genuinely was someone trying to access my FB, but we’ve now realised that its Zapier, as it only happens on the weekend, and when the Zap is on. 

Any feedback on how i can prevent my FB getting blocked each time would be great. Even if there is a way to say that i accept activity from certain locations in the United States!

Thanks a lot!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @hugh_hopkins123 ,

Thanks for reaching out- so sorry you are encountering this issue with your FB becoming blocked!

I am escalating this to Support as they can take a closer look at your specific Zap to troubleshoot and get you squared away most quickly.

Stay tuned and someone will be in touch shortly!

Userlevel 1

brilliant, thanks Liz!

Userlevel 1

hi Liz

Have you got an update on this one? it happened again over the weekend!

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @hugh_hopkins123 ,

Thanks for circling back- so sorry that you are still encountering this!

It looks like Joseph from Support reached a couple times last week via email to dig into this issue. Do you see any messages including “Zapier” in your Spam folder perhaps from 5/13 and 5/16? 

Let me know if you’re not seeing them on your end!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @hugh_hopkins123!

Looks like you’ve got a great conversation going with our Support team and they’re helping you out with this! If you have any further questions you can reply to that thread :)