Best answer

Facebook Pages allow crossposting to Instagram for Business. How can I enable this in Zapier?

• 24 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

As this is now possible, it would allow me to publish to Instagram via a Facebook Page.

I currently have a Zap to post from an RSS feed to a Facebook Page. Is there a way to make it so the post is also automatically shared to Instagram since Facebook allows you to crossshare to Instagram for Business now?

icon

Best answer by Lars 25 May 2020, 22:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @siovene, thanks for the question!

It’s not currently possible to use the Instagram Zapier integration to make a new post on Instagram, sorry about that. We do have an Instagram Business integration in the works that will allow you post to Instagram Business accounts, so although it’s not something you can do right now, it is coming!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @siovene,

We’ve now launched our Instagram for Business integration so it’s possible to cross-post from Facebook (or Twitter, Pinterest, WordPress, Shopify, etc) to your Instagram business profile.

You can test it out here: https://zapier.com/apps/instagram-for-business/integrations

Currently it supports posting a single photo, tagging users, & even tagging locations. 

If you’re sharing from a Facebook Page to Instagram, check out the templates here: https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-pages/integrations/instagram-for-business

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Userlevel 1

Hey @Lars, we are attempting to test the integration however we can’t seem to get our instagram business account listed in the dropdown where it asks us to choose which instagram account we want to post to. We are working on a Facebook post > Instagram photo connection.

We’ve authorized Zapier, have full permissions, are admins, and have made sure it’s even added to our facebook business ads account as well. Our instagram account is still not showing up. Is there something missing in the onboarding step we’re not seeing?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @AmeriCommerce,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that. 

Sounds like you’re on the right path, so it looks like we may need to connect via support to troubleshoot. You can submit a request here and feel free to mention me & the affected Zap so I can look into it.

The first things I’d double check are:

1. That the Instagram account is Business profile (not a personal profile or a Creator profile, but specifically Business). 
  2. That the FB account it’s connected to is available in the account picker when creating the Zap. For example, here’s where you pick the Facebook account that’s connected to Instagram.
  3. Then this view is where you pick the Instagram profile. But it sounds like you’re not seeing it here, so I’d try going to your Apps/Connections and try reconnecting the Facebook account.
  4. Check the Facebook Business Manager to ensure the account you’re using is connected to the right Instagram profiles: https://business.facebook.com/settings/instagram-accounts/

Hope that helps!