Best answer

Facebook Lead Ads, multiple choice fields not populating in zap email

• 7 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I have the same issue as addressed in the below link

I am running Facebook lead ads and have a couple of their new multi choice fields in my lead form. No matter what I do, I can’t get the answers to the multi choice in my zap email. The field name comes through but not the answer. All of my other fields work fine and I have no other zapier issues so I am at a dead end. What’s weird is when I run a test zap to just myself it works but once i send it live it never works. Refer attached.

Please advise.

Thanks

Ben

icon

Best answer by Danvers 7 July 2020, 15:31

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ben Guthridge!

From your second image it looks like the multiple choice information is coming in from the Facebook Lead Ads trigger - you can see that it says  the name of the field ‘I need more info on’ and then the response ‘Finance’. 

That suggests that we can get the multiple choice information from Facebook Lead Ads but for some reason, it’s not showing up when the Zap is running live. The first thing to check here is whether or not the people completing the forms are ticking any boxes for those questions. Are you able to look at their responses in Facebook Lead Ads to check that? 

If you can see that people are filling an option, but it’s not showing up in the Zap, the second thing to check is what the information looks like in your task history. To do that:

Go to the task history for the Zap

Choose a task where you know that there was no multiple choice response in the email and open it so you can see the details

At the top of that page, you’ll see the information that came through from Facebook Lead Ads for that form response - can you see the multiple choice answers there?

If you can’t see the multiple choice information there, then it wasn’t sent from Facebook Lead Ads. If you can see the information in the trigger step, but it still didn’t reach the email then we know that the issue is further down the Zap, so you’ll probably need to get in touch with the Support Team who can take a closer look and help you to find out where that is. 

Hi Danvers

Thanks for your response

Re your questions - yes people are selecting the drop down box and providing answers. I know that because [a] it is a mandatory field and [b] when I manually download the data from Facebook publishing tools those data fields are populated with their answers.

When I open a zap where I know that there were missing data fields, as per attached the fields are present and are configured fine so the zap pulls some data to the email but not all. Is there a bug with drop down field answers pulling through perhaps?

Happy to discuss with the support team please.

Ben