Best answer

Facebook groups zapier app gives #200 error

• 12 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Since yesterday evening i have a #200 error on a facebook group. The zap was running perfectly for 4 months and out of the blue, currently not anymore. 

Followed the Zapier help instructions and removed the zapier app from the facebook group and reinstalled this, but by doing this i get the following facebook error “There was a problem with editing app permissions.”  although my account is admin for the facebook!

Can somebody help me further with this please ?

After click the “Allow Acces” button i get the following error in Facebook “There was a problem with editing app permissions.”
The error message shown in zap !

icon

Best answer by Danvers 15 January 2021, 14:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @iGerd, welcome to the Community!

This looks like it is related to the permissions set up in Facebook Groups. ​It’s tricky because there a lot of different permission settings, and if one of them isn't correct it will cause this kind of error. 

I’m not sure which help guide you looked at before, but I think that this one should help: Error: "#200 The user has not authorized the application to perform this action", or "#200 Insufficient permission to post to group" 

One important thing to add is that if you make any changes to permissions in your Facebook account, you’ll need to re-connect your account to Zapier to update all the permissions. You can do that either in the Zap that uses Facebook groups or on the My Apps page

If you run through the instructions in that guide and reconnect your account to Zapier and you’re still seeing the error then get in touch with the Support Team  so that they can take a closer look with you: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

One important thing to add is that if you make any changes to permissions in your Facebook account, you’ll need to re-connect your account to Zapier to update all the permissions. You can do that either in the Zap that uses Facebook groups or on the My Apps page

Thanks Danvers! The reconnecting part (through that URL) was the one that fixed this exact same problem for me.

The steps for Error #200 break on #2, where it says to select the particular Group and then click Settings. There is no link to Settings, at least far as I can find.

I tried going to my personal FB Settings in the upper right corner of FB (this link is accessible no matter where you are on FB) and then going to Apps to check Zapier. There’s no Advanced tab, so I don’t know if this is the page Zapier’s Error #200 instructions are trying to get us to, or if it’s something else. Probably FB has changed their navigation since Error #200 was written. Anyone know what to do now?