Best answer

Facebook Group Zaps

• 25 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

l would like to post to a facebook group that I entered through my facebook page.

Is that possible somehow?

For now I only see groups that my personal account joined.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 25 November 2019, 15:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @KingBier - welcome!

You can only post to Facebook Groups that you're an admin from - and I think it's further restricted to groups that your person profile is an admin of (maybe @Danvers can clarify?).

In addition, there are some other permissions/settings required to make it work, detailed here:

https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-groups/help#common-problems-facebook-groups-zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @KingBier! @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu has added some great information here :)

One other thing to consider is if you're definitely connecting the correct Facebook Account to Zapier.

To do that:

1. Open an Incognito window in your web browser
  2. Log into Zapier and go to the Zap
  3. Connect the Facebook account that's the admin of the group to the Zapier

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1

thank you for your quick answers!

now i know whats possible :)

Userlevel 1

How can i post as my facebook page to a group i am admin of (and my page is as well)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Autom8or When you use the Facebook Groups New post action, it will make the post as the user that’s connected to Zapier. In other words, it will post as you rather than as a page. 

If you are the admin of a page, then when you post to the page, it will look like a Page post, rather than one from you as an individual. ​I hope that's clear, please let me know if you have any questions!