Skip to main content
Question

Facebook Conversions: need to confirm which Zap is adding offline conversions

• 3 July 2024
  • 6 replies

This post was split from the topic: 

Hi @SamB!

The support team couldn’t tell the difference between my two zaps and if their conversions are offline or online. Can you? 

NEW APP: https://zapier.com/editor/244568402/published

OLD APP: https://zapier.com/editor/245773779/published

Best regards,

Niklas 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Challenge accepted, @glaesnermedia! 😉

I hope you don’t mind but I’ve moved your post out into a new topic so we can address it here separately.

Us folks in the Community aren’t able to access your Zaps like the Support team can, which will make this a bit tricker but not impossible. Are both Zaps triggering on the same event and then adding the conversion into Facebook? 

If so, can you take a look in Facebook and pick a recently added offline conversion and find the equivalent online conversion that was for the same event and take screenshots of their details? Then I’ll need you to head over to the Zap History page here and in the Search Zap runs box at the top of the page, type in some unique information that relates to the specific conversions that were picked:
1151c8de276f9e123be00c95e8d49db2.png

That should then filter the Zap runs down to show only those specific conversions that were added by each Zap. You’ll then need to click onto each of those Zap runs to view the full details for it

When viewing the Zap run details you’ll want to scroll down to the Facebook Conversions/Facebook Offline Conversions action and review the Data In and Data Out sections.

For example, here’s the Data In for a Formatter action:
8b4fb8b7578fe7cb96e2496ba992a6d8.png
And here’s the Data Out for it:
f4177b67aa9f8866f5f40f5cbc2ee34a.png

Can also take screenshots for the Data In and Data Out of the Facebook actions for those recent runs of the Zap and share those here along with the screenshots of the conversions in Facebook? As ever, please remember to remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing here. Once I have those screenshots I’ll should be better able to determine which Zap is correctly adding them as offline conversions.

Thanks for your assistance on this! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SamB

The Data in and Data out are too long for me to take the screenshots. I’ve been using wayyyyy too much time on this “problem”, so I will just let it go until we are forced to use the new app.. The old method works on the other customers. 

When I pick the Zap Runs it looks like both applications register the same amounts. That’s why I’m confused and can’t figure it out. 

I can show you on a call with screen sharing, but otherwise, I’m not going to spend more time on it. I appreciate your help so much though. Really.

Have a great evening.

BR. Niklas 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that @glaesnermedia. I’m unable to help troubleshoot over calls unfortunately. 

If they are both adding exactly the same values then another way to determine which is the one is adding the offline conversion would be to add something to help distinguish between the events added by each Zap.

For example, in the Zap that uses the Facebook Conversions (for Business admins) action, under the Custom data section at the bottom you could a different Content Name, Content Category or some other Additional Data perhaps?

1391d0c7a13e8797a50a3d624b0c03fe.png
That should ensure that when a subsequent event is added by that Zap and pops up in Facebook it should allow you to more clearly identify it as having been added by that specific Zap. Which would allow you to determine which Zap is correctly adding them as offline conversions. 

Totally understand if you’re not up for giving that a try right now but if you change your mind and run into any further issues at all just let me know and we’ll go from there! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SamB!

Thank you so much for the help. I will keep this in mind when I have to switch over to the new app in 2025. For now, I will focus my time on something else. The old method still works after all.. 

I’ve turned the new zap off. So that will show me whether offline conversions are coming or not. I’m sure when we are closer to the conversion deadline, a whole new guide is available. This is very early stage for both parties. 

I thank you for your support. It has been a pleasure :-) 

Have a great evening. 

Best regards,

Niklas 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Happy to help, @glaesnermedia! 🤗 

Always here if you run into any further trouble at all. In the meantime, hope you have a great rest of your week! 😁

Userlevel 1
Badge

@SamB Thank you! You too :-)