Skip to main content
Best answer

Extract specific data from a file in Google Drive

I have extracted data from a Google Drive file with the .docx extension using webhook - Get
But I cannot extract data from the PDF file,
I converted the drive file link to an extension that contains PDF, but the link does not work in the webhook,

I have attached pictures for clarification

What can I do to extract specific data from a file in Google Drive?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Mhamed Samy I think you need to use a tool before your last step in order to extract data from the PDF. Are you using any OCR tools?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @fiona819,

Good day for you,

I already use the file-text tool from Zapier, and I use the OCR tool and webhook, but they gave me the the same result, I want to know is there any tool in Zaper that can extract text from a file in the Arabic language.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Mhamed Samy Can you send me an example of the file with the Arabic language if it is not sensitive? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

You can extract data from a file by uploading the file to your drive to convert the file formatting from PDF to Document then we can use a code by JavaScribt To be able to extract the entire text.

You can follow these steps:

1. Upload the file to your GDrive.
  2. Use the code in JS to extract the text.
const response = await fetch(inputData["text"]);
const text = await response.text();
const words = text.split(" ");
output = { result: words.slice(0, 3000).join(" ") };

Then you will be able to successfully extract the text.

Badge

Hello Mhamed Samy,

PDF.co API offers solutions on extracting specific data from a PDF file stored in Google Drive. We have a tutorial guide that provides clear instruction on how to extract specific data from PDF documents using PDF.co and Zapier. You can find the guide at this link: https://pdf.co/tutorials/extract-data-from-pdf-cv-with-different-physical-layouts-zapier

If you have any questions or need assistance throughout the process. Please let us know.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@PDF.co_API 

I am extracting data in Arabic. Is this possible?
Also, does this tool provide conversion of pdf file to png

Badge

@Mhamed Samy 

Absolutely, you can utilize our tool to extract Arabic data and convert your PDF files to PNG format. PDF.co offers a range of features including extraction, editing, conversion, form filling and more. To try out our tool and explore its capabilities, you can create a free account through the following link: Sign up

Should you have any questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@Mhamed Samy

Absolutely, you can utilize our tool to extract Arabic data and convert your PDF files to PNG format. PDF.co offers a range of features including extraction, editing, conversion, form filling and more. To try out our tool and explore its capabilities, you can create a free account through the following link: Sign up

Should you have any questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

I tried to use the PDF.co tool to extract data from my files, but I could not
The files I wanted to extract were in PDF format

Also, I could not convert the PDF file to a PNG image. I did not know where the error was
Can you help me with that?