Best answer

Extract information from document - input in to Salesforce

• 3 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello,

New Member here, first time post.

I’ve been using Zapier for less than a week now and have already created a few very handy workflows.

I have a use case that would make my life much easier but I am not sure #1, if it’s possible and #2, which application I would need to use for part of it.  I would like to somehow read the contents of a document such as a PDF, extract certain pieces of information (e.g. customer, address, contact info, contract information), and input this information in to Salesforce for that particular customer.

Is this possible and if so, can you give me an idea of which application(s) could be leveraged for the first part of extracting from a file? 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by SamB 3 May 2023, 17:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @PatrickD, glad to hear you’re making good use of Zapier! 🙂 

You can use an app like DocParser to extract the contents of a PDF. It has a couple of actions (Fetch Document from URL and Upload Document) available that would allow you to send it a PDF file in a Zap. Then you could set up another Zap that uses DocParser’s Parsed Document Data Available trigger, followed by the relevant Salesforce actions to add the information that’s parsed from the PDF into Salesforce.

Does that help to get you pointed in the right direction? Let us know if you run into any issues on that or have further questions. Always happy to help further! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you SamB!  I’ll take a look at the DocParser app a bit closer.  It sounds like it will do what I am interested in.

Much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re welcome, @PatrickD! 😁

Please do keep us updated on how you get on with this, keen to make sure you’re all set!