Best answer

Exporting scheduled Youtube videos in Youtube Studio to my Google Calendar

• 22 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi folks,

I have to schedule Youtube videos for my channel(s) months in advance. YouTube studio displays this in a giant list, but I would -love - to be able to see data this in a calendar view so I can quickly visually see that I have things set to the right days of the week.

Is this possible with Zapier? I am flexible about what calendar it exports to if there’s some that are more user friendly than Google.

These are not publicly punished videos - only scheduled for future dates.

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 May 2023, 15:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community @Aztecia, what a great question! 🙂

I believe the YouTube New Video in Channel trigger is able to trigger on scheduled videos that are not yet published. So you could use that for the trigger in a Zap and follow that up with a Google Calendar Create Detailed Event action to add it into the calendar. Do you think that approach could work for you here? 

I’m pretty sure it would only trigger on each video once, so when those videos are published it shouldn’t then trigger on them again. If it did then that could result in some duplicate events being created on the Google Calendar. If you did find that there were duplicates being created then you could always try adding a filter to the Zap to check the published date is after the current date as that would indicate that it’s a scheduled video rather than one that has just been published. For example:

16c0c49743685dd96f5aa101da219d11.png
I’d have thought it would definitely only trigger once per video so you likely won’t need to use a filter here, but thought I should mention it just in case.

Hope this information helps. If you run into any further questions or get stuck in setting that up at all just let us know. Always happy to help further!

Userlevel 1

Welcome to the Community @Aztecia, what a great question! 🙂

I believe the YouTube New Video in Channel trigger is able to trigger on scheduled videos that are not yet published. So you could use that for the trigger in a Zap and follow that up with a Google Calendar Create Detailed Event action to add it into the calendar. Do you think that approach could work for you here? 

I’m pretty sure it would only trigger on each video once, so when those videos are published it shouldn’t then trigger on them again. If it did then that could result in some duplicate events being created on the Google Calendar. If you did find that there were duplicates being created then you could always try adding a filter to the Zap to check the published date is after the current date as that would indicate that it’s a scheduled video rather than one that has just been published. For example:

16c0c49743685dd96f5aa101da219d11.png
I’d have thought it would definitely only trigger once per video so you likely won’t need to use a filter here, but thought I should mention it just in case.

Hope this information helps. If you run into any further questions or get stuck in setting that up at all just let us know. Always happy to help further!

Unfortunately I was not able to get this to work as intended :( It sort of… tried to do it once but then no further tries worked.

Also notice my Zapier layout looks different to yours? Are you able to give me a step by step on how to set this up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Aztecia are you able to provide a screenshot on what your Zap set up appears as? I’m interested in seeing if this is where the discrepancy lies. 

Unfortunately I was not able to get this to work as intended :( It sort of… tried to do it once but then no further tries worked.

At what point did you notice the Zap stopped working? 

Looking forward to assisting you with this!