Question

Exporting all my google contacts to Notion

• 15 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello! I´ve been trying to export all my google contacts into a Notion database but as not all the contacts are new nor have updates none of the triggers defined work for me.

I´ve even tried creating a tag (group) in google contacts, tagging all my contacts with that “tag” and setting the zapier trigger in “New group” but it doesn´t work either.

I want to be able to synchronize my google contacts with my notion database from now on (new contacts and updates in google contacts to be synchronize on my notion database), and for doing that I think I need the google id for each contact, which is the field “original id”.

I´ve also tried deleting all my contacts from google contacts and “creating” them again using a google contacts csv file I have previously generated with all my contacts (before deleting them). Having done this, I use the zap with the trigger “new contact” and it uploads around 400 of the 973 contacts, but after doing that It just stops and doesn´t upload new contacts in notion, even though I still have tasks available.

I´ve been trying to export my contacts directly from google contacts (using the export option after selecting all the contacts), but on the csv file I get, I don´t seem to find the “original id” field…

I would appreciate any ideas I could use for getting all my google contacts into notion and being able to see any new or changed contact from google contacts, directly on my notion database.

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Martha,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of your action steps that shows all of its fields. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!