Best answer

Every time the same person do a new donation add the amount to a new google sheet column

• 7 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello

I am a volunteer for a food relief nonprofit and want to keep track of the donation we recieve.

I can easily create a line for donors and their donations. But I want to avoid duplicting the same donor each time that person do a new donation.

Is their a way to find a person in google sheet and if the person existe create a new column in order to add the new donation on that person’s line?

We aso use Hubspot so maybe their is something to do there?

Thanks for your help

Stan 

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 13 August 2020, 03:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You could end up with a lot of columns here, if that were possible, so I don’t think that would be the best solution. What would be wrong with having the following setup:

• Column : Number of Donations (add one each time user donates)
  • Column : Total Donations (Add the value of each donation to this column every time a user donates)
  • Column: Last Donation (Overwrite the last donation value with this one)
  • Column Last Donation Date (Again, overwrite the last donation date with this one)

This would keep your data-set quite simple, yet give you a lot of information about the donor.