Trying to push eventbrite attendee registration into Salesforce. We capture this in a custom “participant” object. A very simple object with only three look up fields which ultimately creates a list of attendees on a related Case/Service object which captures the event itself. 1 event, many participants.
Participant record and related service record screen shot below. As you can see- the Service number is the field that ties these two objects together.
Zap currently set up to
- Trigger- new attendee registers in eventbrite
- Action- find records in salesforce-
- Action successfully finds correct event record in salesforce related to attendee registration - no error.
…but when I try to link a participant record to that event, I get an error…
- Action - create record in salesforce-
- I linked the service/case number field through step 2. It shows up with correct service number in the preview- populated from testing step 2.
- But then I get the error screen shot at the bottom when zap is tested.
Thank you for any help!
Take note of the description underneath the Service field.
Check out this help article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/tips-and-tricks-salesforce-triggers-and-actions#create-a-link-to-your-salesforce-objects
Salesforce expects an internal Salesforce Object ID which will be returned in Step 2.
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?
I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last message. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)