Best answer

Eventbrite - New Order trigger fields duplicated in action step

• 21 May 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Zapier Community,

Seasoned pro here with Zapier, however we have come across a problem with the Eventbrite ‘New Order’ trigger doubling up on data when populating Actions.

To recap, we are capturing data when a ‘New Order’ is received in Eventbrite. The data looks fine on initial testing, however when we go to populate an ActiveCampaign event with actions, the trigger data is doubled up when it populates the field. (eg; phone numbers are listed twice, date fields listed twice, etc etc)

I tried using the format option to remove the double up, but because it’s technically not in source data it doesn’t do anything.

Is this an error in the setup or potentially something Eventbrite need to address?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 May 2021, 16:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Stuart_H 

Can you share screenshots of the data as you see it in testing the trigger and then as it appears when you try to map it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Stuart_H 

Sounds like perhaps there are line items (aka arrays) coming from Eventbrite for those data points.

Do you know if the specific Eventbrite Event allows more than one attendee to be registered at a time?

Perhaps you’ll need to employ Looping to handle the line items: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Best way to check is to view your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA OUT from the trigger step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Would be helpful if you can provide screenshots of this data to help us, help you as @GetUWired mentioned.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

Below is the 1st screenshot is an example of the data coming out of Eventbrite. This looks fine and is labelled correctly. The field in this example I am looking to use is called “ticket_class_name” and isn’t being duplicated.

The second screenshot is what the data looks like when I am setting up the action/ mapping inside ActiveCampaign. As you can see, the field name changed to be ‘Attendees Ticket Class Name”. This happens to almost every field in mapping stage, despite it not being duplicated in the initial capture capture phase. 

For reference, there are no other filters/ conditions/ formatting happening between stages.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Stuart_H 

As suspected, this appears to be line items (aka an array) from Eventbrite for these fields.

QUESTIONS

Do you know if the specific Eventbrite Event allows the attendee to purchase more than 1 ticket for a specific event?

Do you know if the specific Eventbrite Event allows more than 1 attendee to be registered at a time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Stuart_H

Seemingly duplicate triggers for New Attendee when ordering multiple tickets

When people order multiple tickets by selecting a quantity, they only have to provide contact information for 1 person.
However, Eventbrite will notify us of every single attendee.
They all share the same contact information.
The only difference is the ID and barcode.
The ID of the additional attendees will have an increment like 456123-1.
What may also confuse you is that the quantity field of each attendee will be 1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Stuart_H

One option would be to try Looping thru each of the attendees: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Troy Tessalone 

Noted on the ID form coming through as456123-1 and this seems like it may be the problem in duplicating at the mapping stage. I only want to capture the details of the main person who registered as they will receive all relevant comms for the event, since we don’t ask for the 2nd person’s details at all. This is why it’s frustrating since I can see the data is singular however on mapping it doubles up.

Answer to questions below:

• Do you know if the specific Eventbrite Event allows the attendee to purchase more than 1 ticket for a specific event? Yes it does but only one ticket purchase at a time.
  • Do you know if the specific Eventbrite Event allows more than 1 attendee to be registered at a time? You can request 2 tickets but only person registers.

I’ll check out Looping and see what it can do in this instance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Stuart_H 

Try Looping and set the max # of loop iteration field value to 1.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Just ‘looping’ back to inform that your suggestions of applying a looping process worked in cleaning up the data. Thanks for your time and input to resolve this one.