Question

Eventbrite & google calendar integration

I want my event on Eventbrite to show up on the Public Google Events Calendar. So I did an Eventbrite & Google Calendar integration. 

I did it once correctly. It took a while for me to get the “success” email but it worked. It showed up on Google Events.

I want to do a repeated event, every Saturday and I think I filled out all the questions correctly. BUT my event isn’t showing up for the next Saturday event. 

So I created a new event and published it but I’m not sure if I did it correctly.

How long does it take to get a “Success” Your transfer is complete”?

How do I know I have a transfer in the works? (Not sure if I did it correctly)

Thank you for your time.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Mess to Blessed, welcome to the Community!

If you want to create an even that repeats weekly, you can do that using the Create Detailed Event action. In the Zap editor you’ll see a field called ‘Repeat Frequency’, that’s where you can set an event to repeat.

In terms of how long it takes for things to work, if you’re using a Zap, the Eventbrite trigger New Event is instant, so you should see your Zap work right away. If you’re not sure whether your Zap was triggered, you can check in your Zap history

If you’re using Transfer to move existing data from Google Calendar, the amount of time it will take to complete the Transfer depends on how many records you’re transferring. You can see Transfers in your history, and if you’d like to like at the history for a specific transfer, click on the three dots at the end of the Transfer and click ‘History’

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you for responding so quickly!!!

This is confusing. I’m trying. Is there a video I can watch that will detail how to use Zapier for my specific request: Eventbrite to Google Calendar Integration. ?

I had success once but I think I did it for one day: with a start and end date and time

I did what you said above and now I’m getting errors and it is using my my usage.

The app returned "Rate Limit Exceeded".

The app returned "The specified time range is empty.".

I want to know how to get my event on Eventbrite on Google Events. I think my problem is I want it repeated and I exceeded my limit. but not sure.

When I go to edit it. I have to start as a new event and that doesn’t make sense if I already created it.

What is the difference between a Zap and a Task?

Again, thank you for your time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mess to Blessed 

A Zap is a series of steps with a trigger + action(s).

Help article to learn about Tasks: https://zapier.com/help/manage/history/learn-about-tasks-in-zapier

Zapier Key Concepts: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496181725453-Learn-key-concepts-in-Zapier

Zapier Basics: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/categories/8495901735053-Create

Thank you for your quick response.

How do I know which dates will be posted on Google Events. Some were a success and some were stopped.?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mess to Blessed 

You can click into a Zap Run to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot.

So I gotta say. I’m a bit frustrated. I’ve paid and still don’t see my event from Eventbrite on Google Calendar. I did everything (I think) I was supposed to do

I connected Eventbrite to Google Calendar by selecting a Trigger and Action. 

I found all the info I needed and set up the Trigger and tested it. They found my event.

Then I did the Action, Tested and Published, and Transferred. I didn’t receive an email telling me it was a success.

Please send me step by step how to check and make sure my event gets on Google Event Calendar,

Thank you for your time. This is very new to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mess to Blessed 

It’ll be helpful to post detailed screenshots with how each of your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context.

Plus, if you can outline a specific examples that you are having trouble with that would be ideal.

You can check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you troubleshoot.

This will help you understand if a step encountered an error and why.

https://zapier.com/app/history/

I did the trigger, action and transfer. I did it for many days and then I gave up and decided to do one at a time. Then, I get the attached.

What am I doing wrong? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mess to Blessed

Based on the returned error your Zap is sending too many requests to GCal in a short period of time.

Help article about trying to replay Zap Runs: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241726989-Replay-failed-Zap-runs

###

403: Rate Limit Exceeded

The user has reached Google Calendar API's maximum request rate per calendar or per authenticated user.

GCal help article: https://developers.google.com/calendar/api/guides/quota

As the Calendar API is a shared service, we enforce quotas to make sure that it's used fairly by all users.
If you perform a lot of writes in quick succession, you may be rate-limited—see the general Calendar usage limits for more information.
In addition, there are 2 relevant quotas for Calendar API:

• Per minute per project: This is the number of requests made by your entire project. This can be increased if your project has a lot of users.
  • Per minute per project per user: This is the number of requests made by your project by any one particular user (the user or service account performing the request, not necessarily the user who owns the calendar being accessed). This typically cannot be increased, so it's important to ensure that you use the API efficiently.

I changed the trigger and action and transfer yesterday to one day event.

This morning I receive success email and my event is still not on google events.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Mess to Blessed! 🙂

To add to Troy’s reply. For instances where a Zap runs into a rate limiting error what can sometimes help when on a paid plan, is to try replaying the failed Zap runs a while later to see if it’s then able to go through.

If you’re not familiar with replaying failed runs of a Zap you can find out more here:  Replay failed Zap runs

It may also be worth reaching out to our Support Team to dig into things further if you’re still getting stuck. Please do report back and let us know how you get on!

This is VERY confusing. 

Thank you for jumping in Sam B. So all I have to do transfer the zap I created, correct

Choose the ONE I want to run and click the transfer. I don’t want to do this wrong. My event is Saturday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Mess to Blessed!

I’m sorry that this has been a confusing experience for you. I’ll try to explain a fundamentals to see if we can get things back on track. 

It looks like you have both a Transfer and Zap set up to add events to Google Calendar based on events from Eventbrite, so I’ll explain the difference between the two. 

Transfers are designed to work with existing information. So in this case it would be to look at all of your existing events in Eventbrite and add them to Google Calendar. 

A Zap works when there’s new data in an app. For you, that would be each time you add a new event in Eventbrite, then the Zap would send the information to Google Calendar. 

For your Zap, the screenshot that you shared of the Zap history shows some successes and some errors. The errors look like they were caused by something called ‘rate limiting’ this is where apps only allow a certain amount of information to be sent to them in a fixed period of time. To replay the Zap runs that hit and error, you can use the instructions in the help doc that Sam shared: Replay failed Zap runs When you replay them, they should be successful and send the information to Google Calendar as intended. In the Zap (not the Transfer) if you are seeing a Zap run that’s success (like the ones in the screenshot below) but those Eventbrite events haven’t added anything to Google Calendar, then there will be something in the set up of the Google Calendar step that needs fixing. 

If you’d like some help from the community to see what might be wrong in the Google Calendar action, please could you share a screenshot of the set up of that action - something that looks like this:

Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc). 

If you’re having trouble with the Transfer information, or you’d like someone to take a closer look at your Zap generally, it’s best to reach out to the Support team using the Get Help form. They can take a look at your Zap with you, as well as the logs of the information being between apps so they can dig in deeper than we can here in the Community. 

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP ME.

In my zap dashboard, I have an existing zap that is “on”. It makes sense to me to hit the drop down and transfer correct. 

I don’t want to do again it if I might exceed my limit. I want to ask first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Mess to Blessed!

As long as it’s not a scheduled, recurring Transfer then yes, it should be possible to click on the Run option from the dropdown menu to run your transfer again. If helpful you can find out more about reviewing your existing Transfers can be found here: Review your existing Transfers.

I can’t say for certain whether it wouldn’t run into that same “Rate Limit Exceeded” error though. I’d recommend contacting our Support team so they can double-check from their side. They’ll be able to take a closer look into your set up and will be better placed to advise on this.

Please do keep us in the loop on how it goes!