Question

Eventbrite check in trigger zap to text attendee relationship manager

• 12 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have spent half of today researching this task and ended up with zapier but can’t quite see the solution.

I am trying to zap Eventbrite attendee check in trigger with a text to that attendees relationship manager saying they’ve arrived. Two-day event with 1,400 registrations managed by 50+ RMs. 

Any ideas please?

thanks

Ralph

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RalphC 

Good question.

What app would be used to send the SMS? (e.g. Twilio)

You probably need to use a Lookup Table in a GSheet or Airtable base to make the Zap dynamic for each RM.

Trigger: Eventbrite - New Attendee Check-In

Hi,

I have sent a DM. The answer is, I don't know.

Ralph

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RalphC

Phone & SMS Zap apps: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/phone

If you need help with your project, consider hiring a Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @RalphC, I have found a possible route you could take, though contacting each individual RMs number would have to be inserted in order for them to be alerted. I’m not sure how you would want to approach this as theoretically you could set up individual Zaps for them each, but that would take some time though once it’s set up, you could easily duplicate the Zap and just replace the phone numbers and adjust the filter step. 

Here’s what I came up with: 

Your Trigger event will trigger with the Check-In of an attendee and will trigger only once the event has started. 

You’ll enter a filter action step which is where things can get tedious. This is just an example but you’ll set the filter and play around with the middle column until you can filter out the attendees to match up with the RM that is assigned to them. I’d recommend by last name to make it easier, but again if there is already a system you have in place for this, then feel free to play around with this step to fix it to your needs. 

This last step will also take time. Your action will be Send SMS by Zapier, you can use other services but since you noted you have no preference, this is an easy option available. You will have to set up the SMS under their number so they can receive the alert, it does require a PIN that is sent to each number, so I recommend having them either nearby or on the line for a fast set up. The message will then contain the attendees first name, last name, and check in status. Only to be pushed to the RM once checked in. 

I hope this helps, let me know if it works out for you!