Question

Event start in Outlook

• 25 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

This is my first post here, so be nice :)

I am trying to create a zap between Microsoft Outlook & my SMS company for my client.

My problem is with Outlook.

When I am trying to create the zap I am choosing Microsoft Outlook.

Zapier asks me what is the trigger event : I am choosing “Calendar Event Start” and when I test the trigger I cannot find the event.

However, when I choose another event like “New calendar event”, I can find the event I have created for the test.

So I don’t understand why I cannot find the event for ‘Calendar Event Start’? The only ones that Zapier finds are the holidays (Christmas & Saint Sylvestre).

Can you help me :)

Thanks,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @danconexteo,

First off welcome to the Zapier community!

When it comes to your issue at hand, it looks as if the Outlook’s trigger only “Triggers at a specified time before an event in your calendar starts.” So depending on when your event is, the trigger would not catch it. However, you should be able to specify the time within the trigger itself. 

If you like, throw a screenshot of your Zap and Trigger setup below and I can help troubleshoot it!

Userlevel 1

Hi @GetUWired 

Thanks, for your answer.

I have tried to change the date in the trigger. So I have tried 1 day before the event start, and I have decided to change to 16mn in order to test it. 

I have created 2 events for later this day, and for tomorrow but it cannot find it. 

Here are the pictures of my zap:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @danconexteo,

This is rather odd, I just created a test Zap to try out your setup and had no issue. I would recommend double checking that you have the correct calendar within your setup. Also depending on your Zapier plan make sure you have your time set to 16mins not 15mins. Other than these two things, it should work just fine. If you continue running into the same issue after doing the above, I would recommend deleting your Trigger step and recreating it altogether. We have found that on rare occasions Zapier Triggers/Actions can get a bug and in order to fix it you need to delete the trigger/action and restart. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi @GetUWired 

Thanks for your answer.

I have tried to create some new zaps in order to retry it. But nothing is working. I will try with my customer to disconnect from Outlook and reconnect. I hope it will work.

Thanks again for your message.

Dan

Hi @GetUWired 

I am having the exact same issue as @danconexteo - extremely frustrating.

Userlevel 1

Hello @openelectrical !

I have still the same problem. however, I have found a fix which is not ideal. 

It seems that it is not working when the Microsoft 365’s account is professional. 

So, I have created a free account @outlook.com and it works like that. 

Maybe there is a problem with the permissions or something else. 

I have also noticed that if we choose something different that when the event start “in the trigger”, zapier is able to find an event… If it is a lead on something for someone … :) @GetUWired 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @openelectrical and @danconexteo! :)

Were the calendar events that weren’t pulled in from shared calendars? I ask as shared calendars aren’t currently supported with the Microsoft Outlook integration so that could potentially be the cause here. 

Or were the events created with a desktop version of Outlook that’s maybe not connected to the online version? I believe Zapier is only able to view events that are created in the online version of Outlook.

Do you think either of those could be the case here? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @SamB 

thanks for the answer. Yes the calendar is online.

I think it might be shared with others users / accounts. But, the owner of the calendar is the account connected to zapier. So it is not a meeting from another account. I hope I am clear.

Plus, when I change the trigger from Event start to Event created I can see the event, so Microsoft office 365 is able to communicate with Zapier but not for the trigger Event Start.