Question

Event reminder emails sending all at once

• 25 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello All, 

I’ve see a topic for this but the solution given doesn’t seem to work.

I’m using Google calendar as a trigger to send reminder emails 12, 6, 4, 2 weeks and 3 prior to an event starting.

if I a client books at short notice, it causes Many of these emails to send when let’s say, if they book 3 weeks ahead, they only need the 2 week and 3 day reminder emails. What they get is the 12,6 and 4 week reminders all together when I first add the event, 

is there a workaround or solution to this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Lbean 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Before we dig deeper into this, can you please share a detailed screenshot of how the Zap is configured to give us enough context? (Kindly blur any personal information/detail in the Zap)

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Lbean ,

Can you please share a screenshot of how did you configure this trigger event? 

I have multiple zaps sending at different time frames. The same as this thread but I didn’t find the solution worked as expected. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Lbean ,

The method mentioned in above thread will work you. You will have to edit a bit for each zap. Lets say you have a Zap where you send reminder 10 days before, you will have to subtract by 10 Days. 

Let me know how it goes

I’ve done exactly as was described on the other thread, but it doesn’t seem to behave as expected. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Please share screenshot @Lbean 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Lbean - sorry to hear that that thread didn’t seem to do the trick!

Coming in a little late here so I want to make sure I’m fully understanding - the previous screenshots shared were of a 2-step zap where it’s triggering off events 12 weeks before they begin. 

The recommendation in the linked thread is a 4-step zap and it would likely look like:

1. Event Start - GCal
  2. Formatter by Zapier
  3. Filter by Zapier
  4. Send Email - Sendinblue

It’s worth mentioning, this solution would require a paid plan. If you’ve already given that a shot, as @jayeshkumarbhatia mentioned, screenshots of the Formatter and Filter step setup (with any personal details removed) are super helpful for us to troubleshoot. 🙂

Thanks so much and looking forward to digging into this with you!