Question

Event reminder email alerts

• 9 November 2022
  • 4 replies

I’d like to create a Zap that looked through, say, Google Sheets at a spreadsheet of my forthcoming events (or some kind of calendar app instead) and then sent a mailjet email to my contacts at 5 days, 3 days, 1 day and 2 hours before that event.

How might I do that. The action of sending the email seems easy enough. But how do I get it to trigger 5,3 and 1 day before?

Thanks
Al

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @alun 

Good question.

I’d recommend using Airtable: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations

Airtable has Views.

Views have Filters. (e.g. Date = tomorrow)

Views can be used to trigger Zaps.

You can use 3 Tables.

1. Events
    1. Date
    2. Name
    3. etc.
  2. Contacts
    1. Email
    2. Name
    3. etc.
  3. Registrations
    1. Combo of Contact + Event
Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Howdy @alun - checking in to see how your building is coming along, what else we can help with, or any roadbumps you may have come across! Airtable is a great suggestion, as Troy mentioned above, but let us know if you chose to use another app or have any other questions as you’re going. 

Best,

Rachael

Thanks for this advice Troy. I've been checking out airtable and I think the learning curve is going to be too steep for me. I'd have to learn this entire system for just one task. Is there any other way to do this with less of a steep curve? Thanks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @alun , I hear you. It is a lot of new information. One of the tricky things about Zaps is that any time you have multiple pieces of information (say, an event that changes), parsing out the timing of sends requires something with more choreography than one may think at first blush. 

I did a little digging, and I’m not sure if this will be the right spot for you, but MailJet does have some internal automation systems that allow for delay sending. Here is the documentation info: https://documentation.mailjet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042955973-Email-Automation

Again, not positive is this is the right end spot for you, and maybe some of our other friends in the Community have ideas that I’m not thinking of, but hopefully that at least can shed some light on the path!

Best,

Rachael