Best answer

Errors and missed rows with MySQL Zap

• 11 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have created a zap pulling data from a MySQL table and posting them to a Google Sheet. The last successful transaction took place on 13 April. On the 15th I had to make some changes to the front end of my website, thus I took the landing page down for maintenance; during that time the back end configuration did not change. On the 21st the zap was paused due to high error ratio. A little time after that I re-publihsed my website with the new front end edits. (Again no back-end or MySQL changes were performed during that period.)

Today I re-checked that the connections are as they should be, and no errors were reported. I enabled the Auto-replay feature, and re-enabled the zap itself also. I even run a test data in/data out and the Google Sheet was updated. 

I need to now see the MySQL rows that were created between the 13th of April and the current date to start coming in on the Google Sheet of mine, which they haven’t yet. So question #1 is how long does it usually take for the auto-replay feature to sync the source to the destination of the zap?

My question #2 is, how do I see what caused the high error ratio, so that I can correct it if persisting, and prevent it from re-occurring in the future? 

Edit: Reviewing my zap, I noticed on the right hand side section, under the errors tab, that “Your Zap has no errors. Turn on your Zap when you’re ready to start automating.” which I have, and still my old MySQL rows have not synced yet, as expected as a result of the auto-replay feature.

icon

Best answer by Despoina 12 May 2021, 13:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Despoina 

With auto-replay switched on, this will only apply *next* time your zap errors. It won’t automatically replay previously failed zaps.

But, you can still do that manually:

https://zapier.com/help/manage/history/replay-failed-zap-runs

Userlevel 1

Hey, thanks for the prompt input.

The thing is that I don’t see any errored zaps. By default I have selected the Status > All Statuses, and the zap record stops at the 13th of April. In my MySQL table I can see all the records that were created after that date, but nothing is included in the zap history.

All of the below return no listings: 

Status > Stopped / Errored 

Status > Stopped / Halted 

Status > Stopped / Delayed

Status > Stopped / Scheduled 

Status > Playing 

Status > Held 

Only Status > All Statuses has any results, and every result is a successful one, but the last one was on 13 April. And then nothing. 

Edit: I just checked the Data In Trigger, and I can verify both that the last successful Data in took place mid-April, and that the data is still accessible from MySQL also. I even selected one of the more recent rows, tested it, and it showed up in the Google Sheet as expected. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Despoina 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Despoina 

If your Zap was paused due to an error and you can’t see any in the task history it’s very likely that the error is with the Zap trigger. That type of trigger can be hard to spot because it might not occur while you test the trigger and you wont see it in any Zap runs in the task history (because the error happens before the Zap starts). 

The first thing to try is to reconnect your MySQL connection on the My Apps page, then go back to your Zap, set up the trigger again, and test it. If there’s a problem when you test it, or if it’s ok when you test it but the Zap doesn’t work when it’s turned on, then the best thing is to get in touch with the Support Team as they will be able to take a look at the Zap’s logs to try and find the trouble with the trigger. You can contact Support Team using the Get Help form.

If reconnecting the connection does the trick it would be great if you let us know here in the Community :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Thank you both for your inputs. 

I already went ahead and contacted the Support team yesterday with a ticket. They have let me know that since the Zap was paused more than 7 days ago, they are not able to investigate that old, or older, errored cases. However I have some more recent ones, for which I am about to share the data with the support gals and guys. 

Either way, I will keep the thread posted with every and any finds for future use of any party interested. :D

The case @Danvers described is very similar to the case I am facing. When I test the triggers of the Zap, it appears to be working trouble free. Then I publish the zap and let it roll, but some of the MySQL records are never fetched by Zapier, hence they don’t show as errored out. If this happens for some days in a row - like it happened on the 21st April - then the Zap is paused. After I re-enabled the Zap yesterday, however, I have one MySQL record which was fetched and processed successfully, and one which has not been fetched at all for whatever reason. 

Weird...

Userlevel 1

Returning to this just to let everyone facing a similar issue. Make sure you have enabled your notifications for when a Zap is disabled. As soon as you receive a notification, make sure to contact Zapier Support A.S.A.P. 

Unfortunately in our case something still unknown caused our Zap to be deactivated. The last Zap activity was on the 13th of April before the Zap was deactivated. On the 21st of April it was turned off, thus every record created in our MySQL since, it was not fetched or processed by Zapier. After re-enabling it manually there have been no hiccups whatsoever, and the Zap appears to be running smoothly without our changing or editing anything of its prior configuration. Unfortunately though, Zapier Support was not in position to troubleshoot this any further with us. Remember, that all MySQL records that were created after the 21st of April and before the 10th of May had not been fetched by Zapier, so they were of no help. 

Had we had live notifications active, we would have been notified about the Zap having been deactivated in time, and we would have enough time to react. Meanwhile the Zapier Support team would have been able to investigate the issue, as it would have been within their 7-days period they can look back in their logs. 

So to re-cap: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOT NOTIFICATIONS ENABLED AND FUNCTIONAL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Despoina!

So sorry to hear about your loss of data! Thanks for commenting here to offer your proactive advice :)

Userlevel 1

Hi @nicksimard it’s okay, things like that happen all the time! :D Also no problem for filling in with the additional info. It’s a good habit.