Best answer

error "value.split is not a function" when updating deal in Pipedrive form

• 8 September 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

I am getting an error called “value.split is not a function” when trying to lookup for a deal in pipedrive.

I do not know what to do.

icon

Best answer by SamB 4 October 2021, 18:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Real Estate Gorillas! :)

I’m sorry you’re running into that strange error with Pipedrive. It looks as though you’ve also reached out to our Support Team about this and they had some further questions for you. If you’re still running into that error could you please take a look for their reply and respond to them there? They’re able to dig into the logs for your Zaps and should be better able to identify what’s causing that error and help fix it. 

Hi, I am having the same issue and same error for “looking up a deal on Pipedrive” and a zap action trying to match a sending and receiving single select dropdown fields.  Please advise… TY

Userlevel 1

Welcome to the Community, @Real Estate Gorillas! :)

I’m sorry you’re running into that strange error with Pipedrive. It looks as though you’ve also reached out to our Support Team about this and they had some further questions for you. If you’re still running into that error could you please take a look for their reply and respond to them there? They’re able to dig into the logs for your Zaps and should be better able to identify what’s causing that error and help fix it. 

YEs, I already replied but they told me they are working on it. I also contacted pipedrive and they mentioned the problem has to do with Zapier.

Today’s update, I see that even though zaps shows an error(value.split is not a function), sometimes the information is sent trough when looking up a deal and writing on it. Sometimes works sometimes it doesn't.

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am having the same issue and same error for “looking up a deal on Pipedrive” and a zap action trying to match a sending and receiving single select dropdown fields.  Please advise… TY

I do not know why but I also think it has to do with the type of responses we try to input in the pipedrive fields, I am trying to input information from google forms for example.

Hi @SamB, thanks for the quick reply   Could you point me in the right direction to find Zapiers response to my ticket?  I can’t seem to find it   Thank you! 🙏🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for keeping us updated, @Real Estate Gorillas! I double checked and know you chatted with some friends on the support team. To reiterate their thoughts, your feedback and patience is truly appreciated. Please know the team is actively reviewing impacted users and will email you directly with an update once we have one. We’ll also be sure to update this thread if you’d prefer to follow along here!  

Hi @DJ Swift. Great question. It looks like Real Estate Gorilla was quoting Sam’s response to an earlier post. That said, if you did send an email please check your spam/junk folder in case it ended up in there by mistake. If you still can’t find it, try searching your whole email inbox for emails ending in ‘@zapier.com’. Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for keeping us posted and showing the commitment you have to solve this problem, as mentioned we are tightly working some workarounds but it’s not what we want of course. 

To give a heads up with this problem, the error “value.split is not a function” only appears at certain stages, and ALWAYS when trying to lookup a deal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @Real Estate Gorillas! Our developers have been making good progress on this and if all goes according to plan should be able to roll out a fix for this soon! We’ll get in touch by email as soon as it’s been sorted. :)

Thanks for letting us know, @Real Estate Gorillas! Our developers have been making good progress on this and if all goes according to plan should be able to roll out a fix for this soon! We’ll get in touch by email as soon as it’s been sorted. :)

Thank you @SamB, i’ll be looking out for this.  This integration is so crucial to our business and is really impacting our productivity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey everyone,

I’m happy to report that this bug has now been closed! 🥳

So that "value.split is not a function" error should no longer be appearing. That said, if you find you’re still running into this same or a similar error please do contact our Support Team. They’ll be better able to dig into the logs for your Zaps to investigate further and get the bug report reopened if necessary. 

Happy Zapping! 

Userlevel 1

Hey everyone,

I’m happy to report that this bug has now been closed! 🥳

So that "value.split is not a function" error should no longer be appearing. That said, if you find you’re still running into this same or a similar error please do contact our Support Team. They’ll be better able to dig into the logs for your Zaps to investigate further and get the bug report reopened if necessary. 

Happy Zapping! 

Thank you sam for answering to this thread, I can confirm, the error is not being shown while triggering with pipedrive or looking up pd deals.