Question

Error: The App Returned "File not found" Due to Missing Google Sheet in My Drive

• 5 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello.

We migrated all of our information from one Google sheet to a newly created sheet in the same drive, so I had to update all of the information in approximately ten Zaps. It was able to load, and configure the column triggers, the new spreadsheet perfectly fine for the first seven Zaps, then on the eighth, after attempting to turn it on, it produced an error “The App Returned "File not found".

After retracing my steps in the “New or Updated Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets” trigger, the Spreadsheet could no longer be found! Even though I finalized all previous steps by locating it, it was no longer found. After going back into the previously updated Zaps, the sheet was no longer found either!

I can manually add the “Spreadsheet ID” to the Custom spreadsheet field and it pulls the columns/information just fine, but when attempting to turn it on, it once again displays that same error.

How does it locate the sheet perfectly fine and then just loses it when there have been no changes made to said sheet during the Zap configuration process?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ivanarredondo 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ivanarredondo, thanks for your post.

That sounds like a frustrating experience, I’m sorry that you ran into that. 

If your sheets are in a Team drive as opposed to an individual one, then try the trigger New or Updated Spreadsheet Row (Team Drive) as that generally works better for Team accounts. If the sheets aren’t in a Team drive or if that doesn’t solve the issue, then the best thing to do is to contact the Support Team so that they can take a closer look at your Zaps with you. The best way to reach them is using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @ivanarredondo!

Just checking in. How are things going with this? Were you able to resolve your issue? Let us know!