Skip to main content
Best answer

Error Required field "Email" (email) is missing.

• 20 November 2020
  • 11 replies

Hello. I have several Zaps running that that begin with a Trigger “New Automation Webhook in Active Campaign.” One Zap, however, is not working on the next step which is “Enroll User in Course in Teachable.” I get Required field "Email" (email) is missing. All of the other Zaps set up the exact same way work. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

can you share screenshots of your set up?

Userlevel 1

This is the trigger

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That just looks like default test data, have you run someone through an automation in ActiveCampaign to the point of the webhook to get “real” test data? And can you share screenshots of the action step set up that is throwing the error?

Userlevel 1
I have run test people through the AC Automation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you share screenshots of the real test data being returned from your trigger step and the set up of step 2 not the returned error code.

Userlevel 1

I’m not sure what you mean. The only step in the trigger that has test data is the one I included above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you try loading in another request from ActiveCampaign? the query string in the image is empty. 
And can you share a screenshot of the action step set up. Not the error when sending the test but the customize dropdown directly above what is cut off in the screenshot that shows the form where you add the data and how you’ve configured the step.  

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks! That is what I suspected. Your set up is fine. But because there was no data from your Trigger step, you are getting the error when testing. 

I would try to load more data from the Trigger step. If you’ve sent webhooks from ActiveCampaign to the endpoint, you should be able to click the dropdown where it says Request A and load more. Otherwise, I would put a test contact through the part of the automation in ActiveCampaign that sends the hook. 

Userlevel 1

THat worked. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Glad to have helped!