Question

Enrichment of data from Facebook and Linkedin ads to Odoo

• 24 November 2022
  • 8 replies

I am trying to get more information out of the Facebook / Linkedin ad-forms into my Odoo CRM, but I don’t know where to do it - I would like to have Campaign / Medium / Source included when the form is sent via Zapier to Odoo - any tips? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Brath 

Good question.

Are those UTM parameters returned in the Zap trigger step you are using?

If not, then you may need to first configure those in the origin apps to be tracked correctly.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey there @Brath - checking in on how you’re getting along with your Facebook and LinkedIn ads- as Troy mentioned above you may have to configure some additional steps by seeing what info is returned. 

If you’re still stuck you can always send us a printscreen of your Zap (without any identifying information) and we can troubleshoot from there!

Best,

Rachael

Hey, thanks for your replies. Here’s a print screen of our Zap from Linkedin. And yes, I think what I need is some kind of utm-tags, but I don’t know how to insert them into the Zap - and for them to land correctly in Odoo. If you have the answer, I would love some kind of guidance! 

Hey, thanks for your replies. Here’s a print screen of our Zap from Linkedin. And yes, I think what I need is some kind of utm-tags, but I don’t know how to insert them into the Zap - and for them to land correctly in Odoo. If you have the answer, I would love some kind of guidance! 

@Troy Tessalone @Rachael S 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Brath

The UTM parameters would have to be configured on the link being used to promote the ad/form or be set in hidden fields on the ad/form.
Then the UTM parameters would need to be collected by the LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms in order for those data points to be available in the Zap trigger returned data.

Otherwise, you can hardcode values in the Zap for the Odoo step.

RESOURCES

https://www.linkedin.com/help/lms/answer/a421421/lead-gen-form-hidden-fields?lang=en

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Brath!

Just checking in to see if Troy’s suggestion worked and you were able to add the UTM parameters on the link you’re generating from Linkedin? Did that allow you set up your Zap the way that you need? Let us know if you still need some help here 🙂

Hi @Danvers ! 

Thanks for asking. We are currently testing the Linkedinset up, unsure if we need to change anything in our zap to make it work (any tips?). No solution as how to solve it with Facebook, though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Brath

In terms of the Zap, the first thing to test would be to see if the utm information from LinkedIn is being passed to the Zap when it’s triggered. To do that, make sure that you have a couple of forms with the new information in it, go to the trigger step of your Zap, click on the drop down list of forms found when you tested the trigger and click Load more

That should bring in an example of the new form. Select the new form in the trigger test and take a look at the information that has come in. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂