Best answer

Enabling more ticket fields for FreshDesk action

• 30 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Currently, the FreshDesk Zap provides access to Subject, Email, Type, Description, Priority and CC emails.

It’s lacking Tags, Group, Product and Status.

Without Group and Product, the resulting new ticket from using the “Create Ticket” action is hidden from my team because it hasn’t been assigned a Group or Product.

This could be done by adding additional Automations inside of FreshDesk, but this will add complexity to our existing Automations. What are the options available? Are there plans to enable these ticket fields to show up inside of Zapier? Or would this be custom work in order to write a new Zap or FreshDesk action?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 3 August 2021, 02:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Philip K. 

If there is a feature not available in the Zapier integration, you can get it done using direct API request. Although that function has to be supported by the platform’s API. In order to make API request to a platform via Zapier, you will be using “Webhook by Zapier” or “code step”.

Userlevel 1

In looking through an article shared by others in the Zapier community regarding FreshDesk, https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/216548-create-and-update-tickets-with-custom-fields-using-api, I see how this could be a useful approach for custom fields.

The fields I’m looking to update/populate upon ticket creation are not custom fields, but come baked in by default just like the others I mentioned.. Subject, Priority and so on. 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Philip K.!

I see an existing feature request for those extra fields to be added. I've gone ahead and added your vote for it. We'll let you know via email when that's been implemented.

Userlevel 1

@robschmidt Thank you for this insight. We’ve done some light research on this along with queries against the FreshDesk API to see what endpoints we could make use of. 

@nicksimard That sounds great! I find it surprising that these are missing in the default integration. since Product and Group are standard ticket fields. In fact, they are required in order for a ticket to be processed. Of course, Agent would be filled in by the agent when they work on the ticket. 

I really appreciate it, Nick!