Best answer

Enabling JotForm Forms to Go Live (accept submissions) at a specific time/day

• 5 December 2023
  • 3 replies

It’s really incredible that JotForm lacks a straightforward ability to schedule when a form should “go live”, i.e. be enabled to accept submissions, but if that feature exists, I haven’t found it (and their Support staff don’t know about it either).

So it seems like a Zap could be created with a scheduled trigger to enable the form (at the specified time/date); has anyone seen anything like this in action and if so, how was it set up and what are the advantages and disadvantages compared to the alternative of creating a cumbersome set of epoch-based date & time & show & hide conditions within the form?

icon

Best answer by radmapping 15 December 2023, 18:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @radmapping, thanks for joining to the Community! 🎉

I couldn’t see any existing feature requests for the ability to enable an existing form. So I’d recommend contacting our Support team to request that a feature request be opened up on your behalf for this. You can get in touch with them the form on this page: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

In the meantime, if Jotform’s API has the ability to enable a form, then you could try using Jotform’s API Request (Beta) action to enable it. It’s a more advanced action and I’m not super familiar with Jotform’s API so I can’t tell you exactly how to format the API request, but we do have a Set up an API Request action guide that you may find helpful.

Alternatively, I wonder if a simpler solution may be to embed the the Jotform form on a web page or post that you can schedule to be published at a specific time/date? Do you think that could work?

Thanks for the suggestions; I’ll make the feature request and also do some research on the API possibility.

To circle back to this (and close the discussion): based on this thread, I added a Date Picker (with time and date set to current date/time), and then a form calculation widget, which takes the value of the Date Picker and multiplies it by 86400. Then, a condition is set to trigger to Show & Hide selected fields based on whether the current time in epoch seconds (as calculated by the form calculation widget) is greater than the opening time I’ve set manually (in epoch seconds).

So, even if it’s not that straightforward, there is a way within Jotform to jury-rig the ability to have a form do things at specific times, so for the moment I don’t need to use a Zap.