Best answer

Email zaps to Active Campaign

• 13 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Is there a zap that can be triggered by a new email being received with a specific subject line, which will then start an automation in ActiveCampaign.

I receive email notifications when a user cancels their subscription in Kajabi. I would like this notification to zap ActiveCampaign to start an automation so tags can be removed.

Do you think something like this is possible?

TIA

icon

Best answer by Danvers 21 April 2020, 18:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! 

Just checking if you’re using Gmail here. If so, I think the best way to achieve what you’re trying to do is:

1. Create the automation using a filter in Gmail to tag the email in a specific way based on the subject line.
  2. Then trigger a zap which connects to active campaign

Thanks, that is super helpful. I will try this.

I’m stuck, could you elaborate on these steps a bit. I understand how to create a filter using the subject. But then how does this connect with zapier. Thanks for any extra help, I appreciate it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @VirtualTrina!

If you set up an automation in Gmail so that whenever an email is received with that subject line, it adds a label to the email. Then in Zapier, you can use the trigger New Labeled Email, which will trigger whenever the label that you specify is added to an email (as long as it’s added within two days of you receiving the email).

So the Zap side of things would look like this:

1. Trigger: Gmail New Labeled Email
  2. Action: Active Campaign Create/Update contact 

That should allow you to update the tags on the Active Campaign contact.