Question

How can I match names and add the number of children to a specific column in a Google Form using Zapier?

• 4 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I am trying to add information in a google form. I created the form and omitted to ask a question. Now the participants have already filled in the form and some were assisted by community members. I am not in a position to enter their specific details next to their names and addresses. I am planning to ask some members to send the name and surname  with number of children, The missing information is the number of children. I already have the name and surname in the form. The coming name and surname from this email will have information that is not present in the form. In the form I have created a new column for number of children. I need a zap that will identify the matching names and add the number of children to the google form created column

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @IsraelTranskei,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Gmail
  2. Action: Google Sheets (Lookup Spreadsheet Row) - Check the checkbox of “Create Google Sheets Spreadsheet Row if it doesn’t exist yet?”
  3. Action: Google Sheets (Update Spreadsheet Row)

Additionally, we have a help article on how to use Lookup Spreadsheet Row action here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495978803213-Finding-and-Updating-Rows-in-Google-Sheets

Would this information help guide you in the right direction? Please let me know! 😊