Question

Email from specific sender or subject to trigger jotform

• 14 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am looking to have our credit card receipt process more automated. I would like to have a trigger that when an email comes to me from my bank indicated the credit card has been used (this trigger can be based on the sender), a jotform is sent to me. I can set this up for each person with a credit card. When I tried using outlook I was only able to have the trigger be any email that comes in. I tried to set up email by Zapier and also could not get it to work. Any tips on this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Mbrander , 

It seems what you need is a Filter by Zapier step right after the Trigger step (this is a good source to start https://zapier.com/help/create/customize/add-conditions-to-zaps-with-filters

In this step, you can filter out all emails and only continue your process if the sender is what you need. 

HOWEVER, I do not recommend this step as it will use many of your tasks since it will trigger on every email you receive. A better option would be definitely Email by Zapier. All you need to do is auto-forward any email you get from the bank to this email address. Were you not able to get that to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mbrander 

Good question.

Another option is to use Gmail with this Zap trigger: New Email Matching Search

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @Mbrander! I wanted to pop in and see if you were able to get this squared away with some of the recommendations from @Troy Tessalone and @MohSwellam?

Keep us posted - we’d love to know. 😁