Best answer

Edit body of gmail draft from google sheet

• 27 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi. I just made a zap that creates a draft gmail message when I update a row in google sheets. It’s great, but I want to make a couple of changes to the actual body of the draft message. When I create a draft copy to edit, it only lets me edit the main triggers etc and I can’t figure out how to re-open the body text. Help!

MM

icon

Best answer by jesse 25 October 2022, 01:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @macmenzy 

Good question.

You can edit the existing Email Draft in Gmail.

Thanks! What I’d like to do it edit the template that is then turned into the body of the gmail draft. Any idea how to do that, or do I need to create a whole new Zap? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@macmenzy 

You can edit the Zap then publish to push the changes live.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @macmenzy 👋🏽 Were you able to edit your Zap to include the template changes you mentioned? Let us know- happy to dig deeper if needed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @macmenzy! In order to edit the draft in your Gmail action, you will need to scroll down to the “Set Up Action” section of the Gmail step. You will need to be in “edit” mode to view that field but that is where you can edit and then republish the Zap to apply your changes. 🙂