Question

eBay - Xero: How to use Formatter to properly manipulate input

• 12 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all

New to Zapier, I have a zap setup to take customer orders from eBay and then out to Xero. The data does need manipulating through the Zapier Utility.

If have the following issue:

Data in eBay: Sold for £25.99, quantity 2, total price: £51.98

Zapier Utility: Sold for £51.98, quantity 2

Xero Invoice: Sold for 51.98, quantity 2, total price: £103.96

I guess this is an eBay issue but I thought I would try here first.

Has anyone hit this or have a solution? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @whatlie ,

I am still not clear about the data that you get from eBay and to what do you want to manipulate?

• Can you post screenshot of data that you receive from eBay in your Zap
  • What is the expected output you are looking for?

Hey @whatlie ,

I am still not clear about the data that you get from eBay and to what do you want to manipulate?

• Can you post screenshot of data that you receive from eBay in your Zap
  • What is the expected output you are looking for?

Thanks for the response.

This is a screenshot from eBay:

The output into Zapier is like this from eBay:

so Xero ends up like this:

But what should be coming from eBay is £25.99 and a quantity of 2. 

I know this is an eBay issue but I wanted to check if anyone using Zapier had hit this issue and had a solution.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove sensitive information. Please remember to obfuscate any personally identifiable information prior to posting as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @whatlie ,

You can definitely build this solution on Zapier. You can use Formatter by Zapier -> Numbers -> Number Transform. (Here you can divide quantity from total)

Hey @whatlie ,

You can definitely build this solution on Zapier. You can use Formatter by Zapier -> Numbers -> Number Transform. (Here you can divide quantity from total)

Yes I spotted that and it would work for a single order like above,but we do get orders with more than one item 

This is from our Australian site and it does the same thing. So I looked into trying to split the order out into separate parts and then using the divide option within the Zapier formatter Utility but unfortunately it did not work.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @whatlie ,

Add following in your Zap -

I will suggest you to hire an expert from experts directory here or you can hire me also.