Question

How do I Find/Create contact in Dynamics 365 by using Email Address and Birthdate from Paperform?

• 29 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I am using the New Form Submission trigger from Paperform and the Find Contact action from Dynamics 365 to check against several Contact fields in Dynamics 365 before creating a new one. How can I add fields to check against? Currently the only fields that display are the Name and Phone Number fields, but the requirement is to also check against Email Address and Birthdate. 

Thanks! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Wallrobster123, welcome to the Community!

I don’t have an MS Dynamics 365 CRM account, so I can’t check this directly, but I can see that it should be possible to use any ‘searchable’ field. Are you able to share a screenshot of the Find Contact action in your Zap so we can take a look with you 🙂

Thanks!

HI there! Yes, below is a screenshot of the Find Contact action. In Dynamics however, there are more fields that have been marked as ‘Searchable’ that are not showing here. Thanks for looking, please let me know what other questions you have! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Wallrobster123 

Hopping in! I hope I can help.

Have you just created the form you mentioned? If so, please load more samples in the trigger step, then select the most recent one so that Zapier can pull it and see if the Email and Birthdate fields will appear.